Re: Licence choice of version proxy, licence stewardship

From: MJ Ray <mjr(at)phonecoop(dot)coop>
To: spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Licence choice of version proxy, licence stewardship
Date: 2008-12-05 11:09:11
Lists: spi-general

Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk> wrote: [...]
> What do people think ?
>
> Is SPI now sufficiently stable and robust that this would work without
> putting SPI under undue stress ?

It seems like a worthwhile task for SPI and a way to keep Licence
choice of version in developer hands, while still delegating it from a
particular developer.

I think SPI is sufficiently stable - the officers seem to have started
reporting consistently at last - but I wouldn't like to describe it as
robust until we complete another year of routine operation without a
crisis.

I doubt there will be widespread member support for this sort of finer
point of licensing/organisations policy, but maybe I'm wrong...?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)