Re: Meeting agenda robot

From: Bruce Perens <bruce(at)perens(dot)com>
To: Ean Schuessler <ean(at)brainfood(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>, Joerg Jaspert <joerg(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Meeting agenda robot
Date: 2008-12-25 06:24:58
Lists: spi-general

Ean Schuessler wrote:
> The sheer scale of the Java based toolsets is the point.
Uh-huh. You could start reading about the Java Toolset today, and still
not have learned the whole thing twenty years from now. Certainly when
writing any of my own code, I will not have the capability to run PHP,
Java, and Ruby in the same environment. I will not even have the More
Than One Way To Do It offered by perl. And somehow the work will get
done, reasonably quickly, and in an environment that I have a reasonable
chance of understanding in my useful lifetime.