donations from India

From: Rishi <rishigangoly(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: donations from India
Date: 2004-10-04 17:53:59
Lists: spi-general

Hi

I have been using free software since 1996, but only began to realize
the philosophy behind it in June 2001 when RMS inaugurated FSF India.

I recently decided to contribute to FSF India. The amounts are very
minute as I earn in rupees only.

However, I have started using Debian since the last one year and like
it very much. Also I am keen on using it for ethical and philosophical
reasons. I also find it better than Red Hat.

And ... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would like to start
contributing to the Debian Project... after looking at the website ...
I reached this mailing list..

My query: Is it possible to setup an HDFC or ICICI Bank Account here
in India for us Indians to easily contribute to the Debian Project? I
do not have a Credit Card and even if I did I would not be too
comfortable making payments on-line over the net.

Looking forward to a response from you guys.

Regards
--
Rishi Gangoly
Manager - Technical Operations