Re: proposed replacement bylaws

From: Bdale Garbee <bdale(at)gag(dot)com>
To: Susan Spencer <susan(dot)spencer(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposed replacement bylaws
Date: 2016-07-03 09:50:41
Lists: spi-general

Susan Spencer <susan(dot)spencer(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> If this section describes what actually occurred during the first three
> years of SPI, and if one-third of the Directors are elected each year,
> then this section is correct.

I wasn't present at the original founding of the organization, but our
model of operation for a number of years is to try and re-elect a third
of the directors each year to three year terms. We were advised to
include the startup language even though we clearly aren't just starting
up... so I think this is ok as it stands.

Bdale