Re: Proposed: Funding Open Source Accounting software

From: Bdale Garbee <bdale(at)gag(dot)com>
To: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposed: Funding Open Source Accounting software
Date: 2013-05-03 04:04:32
Lists: spi-general

Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org> writes:

> I see they list SPI as an endorser with our
> encouragement to donate and support. It's possible they did this based on
> Bdale's quote as SPI president, but I wouldn't have a problem
> explicitly voting to endorse (I'd obviously vote yes) for more
> emphasis.

I was happy to provide a quote endorsing the project, as it's something
the SPI board has discussed many times over several years and I would
dearly love to see *someone* make forward progress in this area!

I intended to include providing the quote in my report for our next
board meeting. I agree with Josh that SPI should consider offering
funds to support the work, and so including his resolution on the agenda
for next week's meeting would be great.

Bdale