Re: Proposed SPI Bylaws Amendment

From: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta(at)acm(dot)org>
To: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org, secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposed SPI Bylaws Amendment
Date: 2002-12-15 00:10:50
Lists: spi-general

Hi,

The presence of not fewer than four board members or not less than
two-thirds of all board members (whichever is a smaller number) shall
constitute a quorum and shall be necessary to conduct the business of
this organization.

May I ask how we reached the number 4? If we do not want a
rough consensus, and if getting work done is more important than
getting input from a reasonable majority of the board, shouldn't a
quorum requirement of the one, or the people present, allow us to
just swim thorough the agenda and gets loads accomplished? Isn't the
idea that we have a board to provide a wide talent set to add value
to the decision making process?

Why 4?

Why can't new board members not be appointed by email?

manoj

--
A holy man should behave in the village like a bee which takes its
food from a flower without hurting its appearance or its scent. 49