Re: [RESULT] Replace the bylaws of Software in the Public Interest

From: Henrik Ingo <henrik(dot)ingo(at)avoinelama(dot)fi>
To: Filipus Klutiero <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RESULT] Replace the bylaws of Software in the Public Interest
Date: 2019-04-15 10:18:49
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 8:48 PM Filipus Klutiero <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I wondered if I had been negligent, reading the voting communication too fast, but after looking at my mailbox (which might be missing 1 mail), I didn't find any indication that abstention effectively opposed the change. Judging from http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-general/2019-March/003965.html alone I think many members may have failed to realized the impact of abstaining.

This is true for me as well. I assumed this would pass as a routine
decision and since I haven't been so active in SPI recently, I didn't
spend the effort to personally familiarize myself with the text of the
new bylaws and then vote. I regret to see the effort to renew the
bylaws go to waste because of this and it wasn't my intention to
effectively vote against approval.

henrik
--
henrik(dot)ingo(at)avoinelama(dot)fi
+358-40-5697354 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7