DRAFT: Resolution for Legal Counsel Fees

From: "Jonatas L(dot) Nogueira" <jesusalva(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: DRAFT: Resolution for Legal Counsel Fees
Date: 2024-07-25 16:00:00
Lists: spi-general

As I promised on IRC, I'm forwarding to the whole membership, contributing
or not, the DRAFT of the resolution I intend to put on vote at the next SPI
meeting, scheduled to happen on August 12th.

This resolution, if approved, will govern how legal fees are assigned
between projects and SPI General Fund. The goal is to ensure the General
Fund remains sustainable, that associated projects remain adequately
supported, and to increase SPI transparency by documenting properly and
publicly SPI current practices.

Note that at the date of writing, SPI has no pro bono attorney or lawyer
available, and all our legal needs are being met by paid professionals.
While the General Fund is meant primarily to support SPI as a whole and not
any individual project, nothing prevents it from being used for specific
projects, specially in cases when the risks or the benefits are collective.
The goal of this resolution draft therefore is not to prevent projects from
having their legal fees paid from SPI General Fund, but to ensure the fund
remains sustainable and benefiting SPI as a whole.

Finally, I'll do my best to answer any questions the membership may have
and welcome feedback, however I cannot promise that received feedback will
modify the final version. (I was told to put this disclaimer here).

--
Jonatas L. Nogueira (“jesusalva”)
Board of Directors Member

Attachment Content-Type Size
SPI_2024-08-12.jln.0.draft.txt text/plain 1.8 KB