Re: [PROPOSAL] Open Source certification

From: Will Lowe <harpo(at)UDel(dot)Edu>
To: bruce(at)perens(dot)com
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Open Source certification
Date: 1999-04-11 05:55:05
Lists: spi-general

> The corporation is itself liable for monetary patent infringement damages.
Who's liable when the corporation doesn't have the monetary resources to
pay damages? SPI doesn't have the assets to pay off a large patent
infringment liability.

> It's a really big fight, but we have to do it, or free software is going to
> become _useless_ for new technologies.
I say again: How?

Will

| harpo(at)udel(dot)edu lowe(at)cis(dot)udel(dot)edu lowe(at)debian(dot)org |
| http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/ |
| PGP Public Key: http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey |
| You think you're so smart, but I've seen you naked |
| and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ... |
| --The Barenaked Ladies, "Blame It On Me" |