Re: Who owns what???

From: Will Lowe <harpo(at)UDel(dot)Edu>
To: Nils Lohner <lohner(at)typhoon(dot)icd(dot)teradyne(dot)com>
Cc: Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh(at)cogs(dot)susx(dot)ac(dot)uk>, SPI General <spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Who owns what???
Date: 1999-03-26 17:17:08
Lists: spi-general

> >"I guess we are finding out that there are many open
> >source spokesmen, but Eric owns the Open Source Initiative trademark"
> >
> AFAICT there is no such thing as the OSI(tm), only the OS(tm) and SPI is
> the owner of that and it it being managed by OSI at present.
> www.uspto.gov can verify this- just do a search for Open Source.

The only two listed are SPI's "Open Source" and OSS.NET, which is "Open
Source Solutions Net" at http://www.oss.net.
Will

| harpo(at)udel(dot)edu lowe(at)cis(dot)udel(dot)edu lowe(at)debian(dot)org |
| http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/ |
| PGP Public Key: http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey |
| You think you're so smart, but I've seen you naked |
| and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ... |
| --The Barenaked Ladies, "Blame It On Me" |