Re: Amended Resolution

From: David Graham <cdlu(at)railfan(dot)ca>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Amended Resolution
Date: 2003-10-09 20:38:42
Lists: spi-general

I've been thinking about the officer/non-officer thing and it strikes me
that it's a non-starter.

I mentionned this in channel yesterday, but let's look at this time-line.

In theory, a board member's term is two years. We will assume for the
moment that officers are elected on even years, and non-officers on odd
years.

2003, John Doe is elected to the board.
2004, An officer election is held
2004 later, John Doe is appointed to officer
2005, John Doe's term would normally expire, but as an officer, he
continues sitting
2006 early, John Doe steps down as an officer
2006, officer elections are held but John Doe is a regular board member
2007, John Doe's seat is finally up for election after he has managed to
stretch a 2 year term into 4.

---
David "cdlu" Graham
Guelph, Ontario