Re: GNUstep project support problem

From: David Graham - SPI Secretary <cdlu(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Adam Fedor <fedor(at)doc(dot)com>, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: GNUstep project support problem
Date: 2004-11-08 15:37:43
Lists: spi-general

Adam -- the board meeting is tomorrow at 19:00 UTC in #spi on
irc.spi-inc.org (irc.oftc.net) if you'd like to come.

> I see. It's good that the FSF have decided to do this. There's no
> harm, and some merit, in having more than one legal organisation do
> it.

I'm with Ian on this in that I see no problem in GNUstep being part of
both FSF and SPI. The two organisations are not working against eachother
and there should be no trouble caused by such a relationship.

Ian, do you have a final copy of the resolution for voting on by any
chance?

> There is some risk of upsetting the FSF, I suppose. How much of a
> hurry are you in ? If you are willing to wait another month it might
> be worthwhile taking that time for us to talk to the FSF, at least so
> that we can smooth over any ruffled features.

I don't see any particular need to delay this on account of FSF.

---
David Graham, SPI Secretary
cdlu(at)spi-inc(dot)org D5F45889