Other Business - Debian audit

From: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: SPI General List <spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: leader(at)debian(dot)org, auditor(at)debian(dot)org
Subject: Other Business - Debian audit
Date: 2012-07-12 13:40:19
Lists: spi-general

Hi all. Debian is waiting on information from SPI to conclude an internal
financial audit. The possibility of having Martin Michlmayr (debian
auditor) work with Michael Schultheiss to complete this has been discussed
in the past.

I'm conscious of the workload expected of a treasurer. While Michael may
need to complete some of the work, I believe quite a lot of it could be
offloaded to someone who has the right access to the records.

As such, I suggest that at this point we appoint Martin Michlmayr as an
assistant treasurer for a fixed period (say, 90 days) if he is still
interested so that he can extract the information from the financial
records that Debian needs.

I'd like to discuss this during other business at the July board meeting.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org Linux counter ID #16440