Re: Staff Work WAS: SPI bylaws overhaul: Board Attendence

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Hilmar Lapp <hlapp(at)drycafe(dot)net>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Staff Work WAS: SPI bylaws overhaul: Board Attendence
Date: 2016-11-17 20:05:53
Lists: spi-general

On 11/17/2016 11:33 AM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

>> On Nov 17, 2016, at 2:27 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> if we pay staff, at a minimum we must pay who manages that staff.
>
> I don’t think that’s necessarily true. If the staff is a contractor, then whatever management is needed is normally factored into the rate.

My experience is that this is patently false. You could have a complete,
100% autonomous, rock-star of a contractor. There still needs to be
someone who manages the purpose, todo, communications etc... of that
contractor to the person/team/department that is in charge of what they do.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/
+1-503-667-4564