Re: Issue #15 - Misleading "Linux" link on /projects/debian/

From: Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue #15 - Misleading "Linux" link on /projects/debian/
Date: 2019-10-05 15:12:27
Lists: spi-general

Thanks Lucas,

On 03/10/2019 22:40, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 07:36:10PM -0400, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
>> I believe SPI should defer to Debian to explain such complicated stuff
> I'm fairly confident that it was Debian folks that provided that content
> in the first place. I'm happy to ask the liaison for updated text.

Sorry, what I meant was that SPI's website should let Debian's website
get into implementation details. As soon as a description has made it
clear where a project stands relative to other associated projects, I
think it has enough information. The only value I could see in putting
more information on SPI's website would be to publish a view without the
project's bias, but I don't think Debian is trying to hide its usage of
Linux.

P.S. I didn't mean to say the issue was just SPI's fault - it could very
well be that such a text came from Debian, but removal remains one way
to solve the issue (although I agree that all other things being equal,
the more the associated project agrees with our description, the better).

--
Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com