Re: SPI Board Meeting Reminder: 17th October, 2006

Lists: spi-announcespi-general
From: Neil McGovern <neilm(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-announce(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: SPI Board Meeting Reminder: 17th October, 2006
Date: 2006-10-12 09:23:15
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

MEETING REMINDER
----------------

The Board of Directors of Software in the Public Interest, Inc., will
hold a public board of directors meeting on Tuesday, October 17th,
2006, at 19:00 UTC.

SPI meetings are held on the OFTC IRC network, irc.oftc.net, in #spi.
The agenda for the meeting is open for additions and available at
http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary/agenda/2006-10-17.html

At time of writing, one motion has been raised, and there is one set of
minutes to approve.

If you need to get an item on the agenda, please contact the SPI
Secretary at secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org(dot) Agenda items and resolutions should
be received 24h prior to the meeting start.

More information on SPI meetings can be found at
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/meetings.
--
Neil McGovern
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: Neil McGovern <neilm(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SPI Board Meeting Reminder: 17th October, 2006
Date: 2006-10-17 13:48:29
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

Neil McGovern writes ("SPI Board Meeting Reminder: 17th October, 2006"):
> MEETING REMINDER

I see on the agenda the following items
# OFTC election results
# Results of email resolutions
# GPG keys for machine access - request of admin(at)spi-inc(dot)org
which do not appear to have been accompanied by any information on the
board mailing list.

Would the persons responsible please ensure that we don't have to sit
and wait while you type your report into IRC. The right way to run a
meeting is to have us all up to speed by having read the reports and
motions in advance. Now we have often been bad at this (me included)
but certainly it's very difficult if the paperwork doesn't get sent
round!

Neil: would it be possible, when people ask to put things on the
agenda, for you to ask them to prepare a statement/motion/report or
whatever and mail it to board@ and spi-general or spi-private(at)lists ?

Ian.

From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Neil McGovern <neilm(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2006-10-17 15:46:46
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On 10810 March 1977, Ian Jackson wrote:

>> MEETING REMINDER
> # GPG keys for machine access - request of admin(at)spi-inc(dot)org
> which do not appear to have been accompanied by any information on the
> board mailing list.

That has been on board. See Message-ID: <87zmcdmact(dot)fsf(at)vorlon(dot)ganneff(dot)de>

Its just a reminder anyway.

--
bye Joerg
Some NM:

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Joerg Jaspert <joerg(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2006-10-17 18:25:03
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

Joerg Jaspert writes ("Re: SPI Board Meeting Reminder: 17th October, 2006"):
> > # GPG keys for machine access - request of admin(at)spi-inc(dot)org
>
> That has been on board. See Message-ID: <87zmcdmact(dot)fsf(at)vorlon(dot)ganneff(dot)de>

Ah, I'm sorry. I missed that part of your message. I have to confess
that after the first 20 lines or so I started skimreading what looked
like a status report of things going well. Thanks for your efforts,
by the way !

For the benefit of anyone else who did the same:

We will switch to use userdir-ldap, the same system that is used for
Debian and DebConf machines. Its simple to use and also makes it easy to
have a consistent userdatabase on all machines. As it is based on GPG
keys, please all board members - sent me your GPG KeyID.

Here's mine, while I'm writing this mail:

pub 1024R/23F5ADDB 1993-01-17
Key fingerprint = 59 06 F6 87 BD 03 AC AD 0D 8E 60 2E FC F3 76 57
uid Ian Jackson <ian(at)davenant(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>

Ian.