Bylaws Revision: BOD, Officers, Amendments [2]

Lists: spi-general
From: "Nils Lohner" <lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Bylaws Revision: BOD, Officers, Amendments [2]
Date: 1999-07-19 11:18:39
Lists: spi-general

[ Unless there is a problem with the changes proposed herein, the next post
will contain the entire modified bylaws (sections 3-12 as sections 1 and 2
may not be modified). There will be a brief comment period (should not be
long since people have had a chance to comment throughout the changes) and
then the bylaws will be put before the BOD for a vote. It's almost done!

Nils.]

ARTICLE SEVEN - BOARD OF DIRECTORS

[Only the first sentence is changed for clarification]

The business of this organization shall be managed by a Board of Directors
consisting of eight to 12 members, four of whom shall be the officers of
this organization.

ARTICLE EIGHT - OFFICERS
[remove the names of the officers and replace with the following text:]

The officers of this organization shall hold the positions of President,
Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The names and positions of the
current officers are found in Appendix A of these bylaws.

ARTICLE TWELVE - AMENDMENTS
[add a second paragraph to this section]

Appendices containing organizational information shall not require a vote
of the membership for modification. They may be modified by a 2/3 vote of
the Board of Directors, unless otherwise stated therein.

APPENDIX A - OFFICERS OF THE COMPANY
[added... see section 8 changes]

This section shall contain the names and positions of the current officers.
It shall be modified to contain the names of new officers of the
organization when necessary, and shall not require a vote beyond the
approval of the resolution appointing the officers.

The officers of the organization shall be as follows:

President: Ian Jackson
Vice President: Martin Schulze
Secretary: Nils Lohner
Treasurer: Darren Benham

--
Nils Lohner Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
E-Mail: lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org PO Box 1326

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bylaws Revision: BOD, Officers, Amendments [2]
Date: 1999-07-20 17:40:45
Lists: spi-general

In an effort to keep things rolling. I wanted to just say that these
changes sound fine to me.

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 01:18:39PM +0200, Nils Lohner wrote:

> [ Unless there is a problem with the changes proposed herein, the next post
> will contain the entire modified bylaws (sections 3-12 as sections 1 and 2
> may not be modified). There will be a brief comment period (should not be
> long since people have had a chance to comment throughout the changes) and
> then the bylaws will be put before the BOD for a vote. It's almost done!
>
> Nils.]

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *

From: "Ean R (dot) Schuessler" <ean(at)novare(dot)net>
To: Nils Lohner <lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 1999-07-20 22:09:40
Lists: spi-general

These sound fine to me. Is there a definative version on the web anywhere?
Perhaps we should put the bylaws into CVS.

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 01:18:39PM +0200, Nils Lohner wrote:

> [ Unless there is a problem with the changes proposed herein, the next post
> will contain the entire modified bylaws (sections 3-12 as sections 1 and 2
> may not be modified). There will be a brief comment period (should not be
> long since people have had a chance to comment throughout the changes) and
> then the bylaws will be put before the BOD for a vote. It's almost done!
>
> Nils.]
>

> ARTICLE SEVEN - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
>
> [Only the first sentence is changed for clarification]
>
> The business of this organization shall be managed by a Board of Directors
> consisting of eight to 12 members, four of whom shall be the officers of
> this organization.
>

> ARTICLE EIGHT - OFFICERS
> [remove the names of the officers and replace with the following text:]
>
> The officers of this organization shall hold the positions of President,
> Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The names and positions of the
> current officers are found in Appendix A of these bylaws.
>

> ARTICLE TWELVE - AMENDMENTS
> [add a second paragraph to this section]
>
> Appendices containing organizational information shall not require a vote
> of the membership for modification. They may be modified by a 2/3 vote of
> the Board of Directors, unless otherwise stated therein.
>

> APPENDIX A - OFFICERS OF THE COMPANY
> [added... see section 8 changes]
>
> This section shall contain the names and positions of the current officers.
> It shall be modified to contain the names of new officers of the
> organization when necessary, and shall not require a vote beyond the
> approval of the resolution appointing the officers.
>
> The officers of the organization shall be as follows:
>
> President: Ian Jackson
> Vice President: Martin Schulze
> Secretary: Nils Lohner
> Treasurer: Darren Benham
>
> --
> Nils Lohner Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
> E-Mail: lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org PO Box 1326
> Board Of Directors <board(at)spi-inc(dot)org> Boston, Ma. 02117 USA
>

> --

Ean Schuessler As above
Novare International Inc. so below
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.