Re: #01-A: Starting Voting Periods Amendment [CALL FOR VOTES]

Lists: spi-bylaws
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: #01-A: Starting Voting Periods Amendment [CALL FOR VOTES]
Date: 2003-06-30 14:02:30
Lists: spi-bylaws

[ chairman hat on ]

The below amendment is up for vote among bylaws committee members.

Committee members, please reply to this message with your vote. Yes or no
only, please.

This vote will end one week from today or when three yes or three no
votes are received, since the outcome will then be certain.

This idea was proposed by Jimmy Kaplowitz, and is an amendment to our
already-passed amendment #01, Election of board members by SPI membership.

[ proposal follows ]

The result of the bylaws after the passage of amendment #01 shall be
modified as follows:

In the first paragraph, that beginning with "Each seat on the Board of
Directors":
* "2004" shall be replaced with "2005"; and
* "2003" shall be replaced with "2004".

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2003-06-30 14:08:20
Lists: spi-bylaws

I ABSTAIN on this vote, as I may have a conflict of interest.

-- John

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)debian(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2003-06-30 14:15:35
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 09:02:30AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> [ chairman hat on ]
>
> The below amendment is up for vote among bylaws committee members.
>
> Committee members, please reply to this message with your vote. Yes or no
> only, please.

I vote YES on this amendment.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz '06
jimmy(at)debian(dot)org