Re: 2004 Annual Report Draft

Lists: spi-general
From: Martin Schulze <joey(at)infodrom(dot)org>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
Cc: spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2004 Annual Report Draft
Date: 2004-08-11 07:36:56
Lists: spi-general

John Goerzen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the attached draft and send me any additions, changes, or
> corrections. I assume the board will need to vote to approve this at
> some point, and I'd like to be able to submit it ASAP (since it was
> really supposed to be done July 1.)

Why is the annual report draft hidden in a PDF document instead of a
text file?

Regards,

Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain

From: Pierre Machard <pmachard(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Martin Schulze <joey(at)infodrom(dot)org>
Cc: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>, spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 10:35:58
Lists: spi-general

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:36:56AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please review the attached draft and send me any additions, changes, or
> > corrections. I assume the board will need to vote to approve this at
> > some point, and I'd like to be able to submit it ASAP (since it was
> > really supposed to be done July 1.)
>
> Why is the annual report draft hidden in a PDF document instead of a
> text file?

Where was posted that repport ? Does it only concern board members ?

Cheers,
--
Pierre Machard
<pmachard(at)debian(dot)org> http://debian.org

From: Michael Banck <mbanck(at)debian(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 10:42:31
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:35:58PM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
> Where was posted that repport ?

*draft* report.

> Does it only concern board members ?

For the time being yes, I guess.

Michael

From: Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net>
To: spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 10:43:57
Lists: spi-general

Previously Pierre Machard wrote:
> Where was posted that repport ? Does it only concern board members ?

It didn't make the list because it was too big. John, can you put it
online and mail a URL instead?

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net> It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.

From: Martin Schulze <joey(at)infodrom(dot)org>
To: Pierre Machard <pmachard(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: SPI Board of Directors <board(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 10:51:09
Lists: spi-general

Pierre Machard wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:36:56AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Please review the attached draft and send me any additions, changes, or
> > > corrections. I assume the board will need to vote to approve this at
> > > some point, and I'd like to be able to submit it ASAP (since it was
> > > really supposed to be done July 1.)
> >
> > Why is the annual report draft hidden in a PDF document instead of a
> > text file?
>
> Where was posted that repport ? Does it only concern board members ?

It was sent to the lists I replied to.

It was meant for the public.

Regards,

Joey

--
Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it! -- Mark Twain

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: Martin Schulze <joey(at)infodrom(dot)org>
Cc: spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 13:12:31
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:36:56AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please review the attached draft and send me any additions, changes, or
> > corrections. I assume the board will need to vote to approve this at
> > some point, and I'd like to be able to submit it ASAP (since it was
> > really supposed to be done July 1.)
>
> Why is the annual report draft hidden in a PDF document instead of a
> text file?

I simply thought that wuold be easiest for everyone to read, rather than
having to explain how to install LyX, LaTeX, export it, etc, etc. I'll
be happy to make it available in HTML and source LyX forms too.

-- John

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: Pierre Machard <pmachard(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: Martin Schulze <joey(at)infodrom(dot)org>, spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 13:15:46
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:35:58PM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
> > Why is the annual report draft hidden in a PDF document instead of a
> > text file?
>
> Where was posted that repport ? Does it only concern board members ?

It looks like the original, which was CC'd to this list, is held up for
moderator approval because of its size.

I'll re-send my original message to this list with a link instead of an
attachment.

-- John

From: Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-11 18:47:16
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:12:31AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:36:56AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Please review the attached draft and send me any additions, changes, or
> > > corrections. I assume the board will need to vote to approve this at
> > > some point, and I'd like to be able to submit it ASAP (since it was
> > > really supposed to be done July 1.)
> >
> > Why is the annual report draft hidden in a PDF document instead of a
> > text file?
>
> I simply thought that wuold be easiest for everyone to read, rather than
> having to explain how to install LyX, LaTeX, export it, etc, etc. I'll
> be happy to make it available in HTML and source LyX forms too.

Never heard of apt-get ? :)

More seriously, I am sure you could convert LyX sources to plain text with
various tools in Debian.

Cheers,
Bill.