Re: Resignation

Lists: spi-bylaws
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Resignation
Date: 2004-08-12 16:14:16
Lists: spi-bylaws

Hello,

Since I have been named SPI President, I have decided to resign from the
bylaws committee for two reasons: 1) I don't think I'll have time to do
both; and 2) as a general rule, I think that the President should not
also be chair of any committees.

The Board will likely need to pass a new resolution to name a new chair,
and that may be a convenient time to adjust the membership of the
committee as well. (And we'll probably want to take this to -general
too)

Is anyone here interested in taking over as chair? In joining the
committee?

(I'll make my resignation effective with the selection of a new chair)

On a different note, you may want to review the bylaws report in the
draft annual report (see -general). Let me know if there should be any
changes.

Thanks,
John

From: Matt Kraai <kraai(at)ftbfs(dot)org>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
Cc: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resignation
Date: 2004-08-15 14:19:37
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 11:14:16AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Is anyone here interested in taking over as chair? In joining the
> committee?

I'd be interested in joining the committee.

--
Matt Kraai kraai(at)ftbfs(dot)org http://ftbfs.org/

From: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
Cc: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-15 18:26:56
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 11:14:16AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Is anyone here interested in taking over as chair? In joining the
> committee?
>
> (I'll make my resignation effective with the selection of a new chair)

I'm already secretary, but I could switch to chair.

--
Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
Date: 2004-08-19 16:00:03
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Sunday 15 August 2004 01:26 pm, Taral wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 11:14:16AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Is anyone here interested in taking over as chair? In joining the
> > committee?
> >
> > (I'll make my resignation effective with the selection of a new
> > chair)
>
> I'm already secretary, but I could switch to chair.

OK. Between you and Matt, that still leaves us one short because of
Manoj. I suppose I will ask on spi-general next. Or, as acting chair,
you could. What do you think?

From: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
Cc: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2004-08-19 16:49:33
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:00:03AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sunday 15 August 2004 01:26 pm, Taral wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 11:14:16AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Is anyone here interested in taking over as chair? In joining the
> > > committee?
> > >
> > > (I'll make my resignation effective with the selection of a new
> > > chair)
> >
> > I'm already secretary, but I could switch to chair.
>
> OK. Between you and Matt, that still leaves us one short because of
> Manoj. I suppose I will ask on spi-general next. Or, as acting chair,
> you could. What do you think?

I'm completely swamped at the moment. Would you?

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
Date: 2004-08-19 17:01:19
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Thursday 19 August 2004 11:49 am, Taral wrote:
> I'm completely swamped at the moment. Would you?

Done.

-- John