Re: XEtrade - agenda item for today's meeting

Lists: spi-general
From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <treasurer(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: XEtrade - agenda item for today's meeting
Date: 2005-04-12 18:15:42
Lists: spi-general

Hi all,

I've been meaning to send this to -general for discussion for a week or
so at this point, so now I'd like it simply to be on the agenda for
today's meeting for brief discussion there. There is a currency exchange
and payment service, XEtrade, that looks very useful for transfering
money to non-American payees, whether that would be the Debconf5 team or
an Australian/Canadian/European/Korean/Japanese/etc. who is owed money
by Debian/wxWidgets/Drupal/etc. They support many currencies, and since
they specialize in foreign exchange they don't charge commissions or
fees beyond a small spread in the exchange rate. I reviewed their Better
Business Bureau record as well as their Terms and Conditions, and it
seems good enough that I want to sign up in time to use it for DebConf5.
Still, I thought I'd solicit everyone's opinion. Look it over in the
next few hours and we'll discuss it at the meeting. No board vote is
needed IMHO, but I wanted to run it by you before I act.

XEtrade: https://www.xe.com/fx/
XEtrade FAQ: https://www.xe.com/fx/faq.htm

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
treasurer(at)spi-inc(dot)org

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <treasurer(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: XEtrade - agenda item for today's meeting
Date: 2005-04-13 06:42:18
Lists: spi-general

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:15:42PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> I've been meaning to send this to -general for discussion for a week or
> so at this point, so now I'd like it simply to be on the agenda for
> today's meeting for brief discussion there.

At the meeting we decided to discuss this on-list for a week or so. At
the end of that time I will make a decision, taking into consideration
any comments that are posted to this list or emailed to me as well as my
own opinion. The board agreed at the meeting that it does not require a
formal board vote for this to go forward.

So, comments?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
treasurer(at)spi-inc(dot)org