Re: SPI members list.

Lists: spi-general
From: Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: SPI members list.
Date: 2005-04-13 09:40:48
Lists: spi-general

Hello SPI members,

The SPI web-site does not seems to include any informations about the
current membership:

1) How many members SPI count ?
2) How many contrib. members SPI count ?
3) The list of members with status?

Did I miss it ?

I am not sure whether such informations must be available to the world
at large, but probably. What I am sure however, is that this information
must be available to all SPI members.

Cheers,
Bill.

PS: <https://members.spi-inc.org/vote/> is broken.

PS2: the banners at the top <http://www.spi-inc.org/president/>
are not correct, for example
<http://www.spi-inc.org/president/todo.xhtml> has no link to
Annual report.

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: SPI members list.
Date: 2005-04-13 11:58:31
Lists: spi-general

* Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr> [2005-04-13 11:40]:
> 1) How many members SPI count ?
> 2) How many contrib. members SPI count ?

There are currently 280 non-contrib members.
There are currently 310 contributing members, of which 296 are
subscribed to spi-private.

> 3) The list of members with status?

Which status?

> Did I miss it ?

I think there should be a statistics page when you log in at
http://members.spi-inc.org
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-13 12:23:33
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:58:31PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr> [2005-04-13 11:40]:
> > 1) How many members SPI count ?
> > 2) How many contrib. members SPI count ?
>
> There are currently 280 non-contrib members.
> There are currently 310 contributing members, of which 296 are
> subscribed to spi-private.

Thanks!

> > 3) The list of members with status?
>
> Which status?

Whether they are contributing members or not.

> > Did I miss it ?
>
> I think there should be a statistics page when you log in at
> http://members.spi-inc.org

but there is none, as far as I can see?

After login I get at the bottom of the page:

Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Cheers,
Bill.

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-13 20:17:40
Lists: spi-general

* Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr> [2005-04-13 14:23]:
> > > 3) The list of members with status?
> > Which status?
> Whether they are contributing members or not.

I don't know if I'm allowed to give out such information. If the SPI
board wants, I can add a section to members.spi-inc.org to show
existing members after you log in.

> > > Did I miss it ?
> > I think there should be a statistics page when you log in at
> > http://members.spi-inc.org
> but there is none, as far as I can see?

It was only visible to application managers; it should be visible for
everyone now.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Philipp Kern <phil(at)philkern(dot)de>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-13 20:35:55
Lists: spi-general

On 13 Apr 2005, at 22:17, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> It was only visible to application managers; it should be visible for
> everyone now.

The link in the navigation is visible to all, but access is blocked by
the script:
``You should not be here!!''

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-13 20:54:01
Lists: spi-general

* Philipp Kern <phil(at)philkern(dot)de> [2005-04-13 22:35]:
> The link in the navigation is visible to all, but access is blocked by
> the script:
> ``You should not be here!!''

Fixed, thanks.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-13 21:10:46
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 09:54:01PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Philipp Kern <phil(at)philkern(dot)de> [2005-04-13 22:35]:
> > The link in the navigation is visible to all, but access is blocked by
> > the script:
> > ``You should not be here!!''
>
> Fixed, thanks.

Thanks Martin for that new feature!

Please note that after login the page display:

Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Apparently some PHP script need to be updated.

Cheers,
Bill

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-14 11:01:55
Lists: spi-general

* Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr> [2005-04-13 23:10]:
> Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
> which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
> extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
> register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
> warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
> off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0
>
> Apparently some PHP script need to be updated.

As far as I can tell, I have updated all PHP scripts already. At
least my changes made the site working again... however, I've no idea
why this warning is displayed... apparently more code needs to be
changed, but I've no idea how to find out what.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Emanuele Rocca <ema(at)linux(dot)it>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-14 16:34:39
Lists: spi-general

Hello Martin,

* [ 14-04-05 - 13:01 ] Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com> wrote:
> * Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr> [2005-04-13 23:10]:
> > Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
> > which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
> > extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
> > register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
> > warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
> > off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0
> >
> > Apparently some PHP script need to be updated.
>
> As far as I can tell, I have updated all PHP scripts already. At
> least my changes made the site working again... however, I've no idea
> why this warning is displayed... apparently more code needs to be
> changed, but I've no idea how to find out what.

Is the code available somewhere?

ciao,
ema

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Emanuele Rocca <ema(at)linux(dot)it>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-04-14 19:44:06
Lists: spi-general

* Emanuele Rocca <ema(at)linux(dot)it> [2005-04-14 18:34]:
> > why this warning is displayed... apparently more code needs to be
> > changed, but I've no idea how to find out what.
>
> Is the code available somewhere?

It seems http://cvs.spi-inc.org is not working right now. I can send
you a tar ball if you're interested. Just reply in private to me.
Thanks.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/