Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project

Lists: spi-general
From: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
To: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project
Date: 2009-11-27 17:00:38
Lists: spi-general

I hereby propose this resolution for the December meeting.

Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project

WHEREAS

1. sidux is a substantial and useful open source project.

2. sidux would like SPI's support and assistance, including taking
donations.

THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT

3. sidux is formally invited to become an SPI
Associated Project, according to the SPI Framework for Associated
Projects, SPI Resolution 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a
copy of which can be found at
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004-08-10-iwj.1

4. Currently, Ferdinand Thommes is recognised by SPI as the current
authoritative decision maker and SPI liaison for sidux. In the event
of the liaison becoming unavailable the treasurer of siduex e.V.
(currently Walter Güldenberg) will act as temporary liaison and notify
SPI of any replacement liaison.

5. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is
approved by the SPI Board.

J.

--
I'm from the government. I'm here to help you.
This .sig brought to you by the letter Q and the number 8

From: Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2009-11-27 17:06:01
Lists: spi-general

Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> I hereby propose this resolution for the December meeting.
>
> Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project
>
> WHEREAS
>
> 1. sidux is a substantial and useful open source project.
>
> 2. sidux would like SPI's support and assistance, including taking
> donations.
>
> THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
>
> 3. sidux is formally invited to become an SPI
> Associated Project, according to the SPI Framework for Associated
> Projects, SPI Resolution 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a
> copy of which can be found at
> http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004-08-10-iwj.1
>
> 4. Currently, Ferdinand Thommes is recognised by SPI as the current
> authoritative decision maker and SPI liaison for sidux. In the event
> of the liaison becoming unavailable the treasurer of siduex e.V.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe this should read
sidux e.V.

Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

--
----------------------------
Michael Schultheiss

From: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
To: spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2009-11-27 17:13:03
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:06:01PM -0500, Michael Schultheiss wrote:
> Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > I hereby propose this resolution for the December meeting.
> >
> > Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project
> >
> > WHEREAS
> >
> > 1. sidux is a substantial and useful open source project.
> >
> > 2. sidux would like SPI's support and assistance, including taking
> > donations.
> >
> > THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
> >
> > 3. sidux is formally invited to become an SPI
> > Associated Project, according to the SPI Framework for Associated
> > Projects, SPI Resolution 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a
> > copy of which can be found at
> > http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004-08-10-iwj.1
> >
> > 4. Currently, Ferdinand Thommes is recognised by SPI as the current
> > authoritative decision maker and SPI liaison for sidux. In the event
> > of the liaison becoming unavailable the treasurer of siduex e.V.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I believe this should read
> sidux e.V.

Yup, typo on my part. Thanks for pointing it out.

J.

--
umop 3pisdn w,I u3ym hx3s os w,I

From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2009-11-27 19:16:09
Lists: spi-general

From: Ferdinand Thommes <devil(at)sidux(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2009-11-27 20:31:33
Lists: spi-general

Am Freitag 27 November 2009 20:16:09 schrieb Greg Sabino Mullane:
> > I hereby propose this resolution for the December meeting.
> >
> > Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project
> > 1. sidux is a substantial and useful open source project.
>
> It would be nice to give a quick explanation about these
> projects and, more importantly, an official link so people
> can check out the project themselves to gauge 'substantial
> and useful' :)

let me answer for sidux
sidux is a rolling release distribution based on the debian unstable branch
aiming at the desktop user. we had our 3rd anyversary yesterday and release 4
snapshots a year. you may have a look at http://sidux.com to find out more.

greetz
ferdi
--
Ferdi Thommes
2.Vorsitzender

From: Gregers Petersen <glp(at)openwrt(dot)org>
To: SPI General <spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2009-11-29 18:40:37
Lists: spi-general

Ferdinand Thommes wrote:
> Am Freitag 27 November 2009 20:16:09 schrieb Greg Sabino Mullane:
>>> I hereby propose this resolution for the December meeting.
>>>
>>> Resolution 2009-11-27.jmd.2: sidux as associated project
>>> 1. sidux is a substantial and useful open source project.
>> It would be nice to give a quick explanation about these
>> projects and, more importantly, an official link so people
>> can check out the project themselves to gauge 'substantial
>> and useful' :)
>>
> let me answer for sidux
> sidux is a rolling release distribution based on the debian unstable branch
> aiming at the desktop user. we had our 3rd anyversary yesterday and release 4
> snapshots a year. you may have a look at http://sidux.com to find out more.

Am I correct in that the following entities exist ->

The sidux Foundation, Inc.

Sidux e.V.

Will these foundation(s) continue in parallel with the membership of
SPI, Inc. ?

--
Gregers Petersen
Relationship manager, layer 8 and anthropology

_______ ________ __
| |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
| - || _ | -__| || | | || _|| _|
|_______|| __|_____|__|__||________||__| |____|
|__| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M
KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge) -----------------------
* 10 oz Vodka Shake well with ice and strain
* 10 oz Triple sec mixture into 10 shot glasses.
* 10 oz lime juice Salute!

From: Ferdinand Thommes <devil(at)sidux(dot)com>
To: glp(at)openwrt(dot)org
Cc: SPI General <spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2009-11-29 19:00:28
Lists: spi-general

Am Sonntag 29 November 2009 19:40:37 schrieb Gregers Petersen:
> Ferdinand Thommes wrote:

> >> It would be nice to give a quick explanation about these
> >> projects and, more importantly, an official link so people
> >> can check out the project themselves to gauge 'substantial
> >> and useful' :)
> >
> > let me answer for sidux
> > sidux is a rolling release distribution based on the debian unstable
> > branch aiming at the desktop user. we had our 3rd anyversary yesterday
> > and release 4 snapshots a year. you may have a look at http://sidux.com
> > to find out more.
>
> Am I correct in that the following entities exist ->
>
> The sidux Foundation, Inc.
>
> Sidux e.V.
yes
> Will these foundation(s) continue in parallel with the membership of
> SPI, Inc. ?
no, sidux Foundation Inc. was the predecessor to sidix e, V. and is out of
function. sidux e.V. will stay in function.

--
Ferdi Thommes
2.Vorsitzender