Re: Meeting time - move to 21:30 UTC?

Lists: spi-general
From: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
To: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Meeting time - move to 21:30 UTC?
Date: 2011-10-16 20:09:48
Lists: spi-general

Hi.

With DST ending in the northern hemisphere in over the next few weeks it
would be convenient to me if we moved the meeting time to 21:30 UTC (ie
keeping it at 13:30 US/Pacific rather than it moving back to 12:30
US/Pacific). I asked about this on #spi at the last meeting and those
present said it was fine with them (including Robert, who I believe is
our only southern hemisphere board member). So, does anyone who was not
present object to this move?

(There was also potential discussion about whether we wanted to move the
day; I believe Martin has a conflicting event every few weeks. I have no
problem with it remaining Wednesday, but any day other than Tuesday is
also fine with me.)

J.

--
We fear change.

From: Bdale Garbee <bdale(at)gag(dot)com>
To: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting time - move to 21:30 UTC?
Date: 2011-10-16 22:32:02
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:09:48 -0700, Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li> wrote:
Non-text part: multipart/mixed
Non-text part: multipart/signed
> So, does anyone who was not present object to this move?

No objection.

Bdale

From: Clint Adams <clint(at)debian(dot)org>
To: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2011-10-16 22:40:57
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 01:09:48PM -0700, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> (There was also potential discussion about whether we wanted to move the
> day; I believe Martin has a conflicting event every few weeks. I have no
> problem with it remaining Wednesday, but any day other than Tuesday is
> also fine with me.)

I also prefer not-Wednesday.

From: Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2011-10-17 17:57:28
Lists: spi-general

Hi,

On Sun Oct 16, 2011 at 13:09:48 -0700, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> With DST ending in the northern hemisphere in over the next few weeks it
> would be convenient to me if we moved the meeting time to 21:30 UTC (ie
> keeping it at 13:30 US/Pacific rather than it moving back to 12:30
> US/Pacific). I asked about this on #spi at the last meeting and those
> present said it was fine with them (including Robert, who I believe is
> our only southern hemisphere board member). So, does anyone who was not
> present object to this move?

No objections here.

> (There was also potential discussion about whether we wanted to move the
> day; I believe Martin has a conflicting event every few weeks. I have no
> problem with it remaining Wednesday, but any day other than Tuesday is
> also fine with me.)

Yes, having it an other day than Wednesday would help me actually. I
would be free for every other day of the week, maybe not Saturday
evening, but well, ... :)

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel(at)debian(dot)org> | Debian System Administrator
Debian & GNU/Linux Developer | Debian Listmaster

From: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
Cc: SPI Board <board(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2011-10-19 00:48:39
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011, Jonathan McDowell wrote:

> With DST ending in the northern hemisphere in over the next few weeks it
> would be convenient to me if we moved the meeting time to 21:30 UTC (ie
> keeping it at 13:30 US/Pacific rather than it moving back to 12:30
> US/Pacific). I asked about this on #spi at the last meeting and those
> present said it was fine with them (including Robert, who I believe is
> our only southern hemisphere board member). So, does anyone who was not

And the only one in UTC+10 :)

Recapping my comments on IRC...

The proposed move shifts the meeting time from 6:30am to 7:30am for me.
Meeting start times of 6:30am or later are fine with me.

> (There was also potential discussion about whether we wanted to move the
> day; I believe Martin has a conflicting event every few weeks. I have no
> problem with it remaining Wednesday, but any day other than Tuesday is
> also fine with me.)

Since I don't have any other regular committments in the early morning,
any non-weekend day is fine for me.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org Linux counter ID #16440