Re: Posting resolutions to spi-announce?

Lists: spi-general
From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Posting resolutions to spi-announce?
Date: 2015-07-12 01:38:18
Lists: spi-general

http://spi-inc.org/meetings/ currently says:

> Resolutions adopted by the Board are posted to the spi-announce
> mailing list and posted to the resolutions page.

In reality, resolutions haven't been posted to spi-announce since 2005.

Do people see value in this? If so, I can post future resolutions to
spi-announce. If not, I'll fix the web site and remove the note about
spi-announce.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: "Zephaniah E(dot) Loss-Cutler-Hull" <warp(at)aehallh(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Posting resolutions to spi-announce?
Date: 2015-07-12 12:07:59
Lists: spi-general

On 07/11/2015 06:38 PM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> http://spi-inc.org/meetings/ currently says:
>
>> Resolutions adopted by the Board are posted to the spi-announce
>> mailing list and posted to the resolutions page.
>
> In reality, resolutions haven't been posted to spi-announce since 2005.
>
> Do people see value in this? If so, I can post future resolutions to
> spi-announce. If not, I'll fix the web site and remove the note about
> spi-announce.

Briefly, yes, I do see value in having passed resolutions posted to
spi-announce.

If there is somewhere else where those resolutions are made available, a
link to them send out after boarding meetings would probably be
sufficient, but for the sake of better member involvement I do think
that some regular posting of news is beneficial.

(And for SPI, this really does boil down to passed resolutions.)

Regards,
Zephaniah E. Loss-Cutler-Hull.

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2015-07-12 15:51:08
Lists: spi-general

On 07/11/2015 06:38 PM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> http://spi-inc.org/meetings/ currently says:
>
>> Resolutions adopted by the Board are posted to the spi-announce
>> mailing list and posted to the resolutions page.
>
> In reality, resolutions haven't been posted to spi-announce since 2005.
>
> Do people see value in this? If so, I can post future resolutions to
> spi-announce. If not, I'll fix the web site and remove the note about
> spi-announce.

I don't see a reason to post resolutions to spi-announce.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564

From: Bill Allombert <Bill(dot)Allombert(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2015-07-12 17:52:30
Lists: spi-general

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 09:38:18PM -0400, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> http://spi-inc.org/meetings/ currently says:
>
> > Resolutions adopted by the Board are posted to the spi-announce
> > mailing list and posted to the resolutions page.
>
> In reality, resolutions haven't been posted to spi-announce since 2005.
>
> Do people see value in this? If so, I can post future resolutions to
> spi-announce. If not, I'll fix the web site and remove the note about
> spi-announce.

There is value for resolutions to be posted to a public mailing list.
Whether spi-announce or another one, I do not know.

Cheers,
Bill.

From: Hilmar Lapp <hlapp(at)drycafe(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org" <spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2015-07-12 23:09:29
Lists: spi-general

I don't have a strong opinion about spi-announce versus not, but I'd definitely be for posting accepted resolutions on a public mailing list.

-hilmar

Sent from away

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2015-08-03 19:47:00
Lists: spi-general

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com> [2015-07-11 21:38]:
> http://spi-inc.org/meetings/ currently says:
>
> > Resolutions adopted by the Board are posted to the spi-announce
> > mailing list and posted to the resolutions page.
>
> In reality, resolutions haven't been posted to spi-announce since 2005.
>
> Do people see value in this? If so, I can post future resolutions to
> spi-announce. If not, I'll fix the web site and remove the note about
> spi-announce.

Based on feedback received, I will post future resolutions to
spi-announce.

SPI does not pass many resolutions, so this won't lead to too much
traffic.

I also documented various Secretary duties in the board git repo, so
future SPI Secretaries won't forget.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/