Re: SPI Meeting: 20:00 UTC, Monday 12th August, 2019

Lists: spi-announcespi-general
From: Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
To: spi-announce(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: NOTICE: SPI Meeting: 20:00 UTC, Monday 12th August, 2019
Date: 2019-07-31 22:46:51
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

MEETING NOTICE
----------------

The Board of Directors of Software in the Public Interest, Inc., will
hold a public board of directors meeting on Monday, 12th August
2019 at 20:00 UTC.

SPI meetings are held on irc.spi-inc.org <http://irc.spi-inc.org/> (the OFTC network), in #spi.
The agenda for the meeting is open for additions and is available at
https://spi-inc.org/meetings/agendas/2019/2019-08-12/ <https://spi-inc.org/meetings/agendas/2019/2019-08-12/>

Currently, the following items are on the agenda, carried forward from
the previous meeting:

* Outstanding minutes for meeting of Monday, 8th July 2019

More information on SPI meetings can be found at
https://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/ <https://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/>

Tim Potter
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: SPI Meeting: 20:00 UTC, Monday 12th August, 2019
Date: 2019-07-31 22:51:35
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

* Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org> [2019-08-01 08:46]:
> Currently, the following items are on the agenda, carried forward from
> the previous meeting:
>
> * Outstanding minutes for meeting of Monday, 8th July 2019

Officer appointment is usually done in August.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
Date: 2019-08-01 01:05:22
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 12:51:35AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org> [2019-08-01 08:46]:
> > Currently, the following items are on the agenda, carried forward from
> > the previous meeting:
> >
> > * Outstanding minutes for meeting of Monday, 8th July 2019
>
> Officer appointment is usually done in August.

Yes, let's please make sure this is on the agenda at the August 12
meeting. I encourage the new and continuing directors to discuss in
advance on board@ as to who wants which roles, so that the formal votes
during the meeting go smoothly and quickly.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org

From: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
To: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
Date: 2019-08-01 07:48:36
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 09:05:22PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 12:51:35AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org> [2019-08-01 08:46]:
> > > Currently, the following items are on the agenda, carried forward from
> > > the previous meeting:
> > >
> > > * Outstanding minutes for meeting of Monday, 8th July 2019
> >
> > Officer appointment is usually done in August.
>
> Yes, let's please make sure this is on the agenda at the August 12
> meeting. I encourage the new and continuing directors to discuss in
> advance on board@ as to who wants which roles, so that the formal votes
> during the meeting go smoothly and quickly.

I encourage the board to actually announce who the board members are.

Nominations closed on July 15th and the fact we didn't have an election
on July 17th implies we didn't get enough nominations to need an
election (confirmed on IRC). I don't see any reason that we wouldn't
then announce the new board on July 17th, but even in the worst case the
timeline stated results were to be announce yesterday (July 31st).

J.

--
I'm only here for the salad bar.

From: Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
To: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
Cc: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2019-08-01 22:21:18
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On 1 Aug 2019, at 17:48, Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li> wrote:
>>> Officer appointment is usually done in August.
>>
>> Yes, let's please make sure this is on the agenda at the August 12
>> meeting. I encourage the new and continuing directors to discuss in
>> advance on board@ as to who wants which roles, so that the formal votes
>> during the meeting go smoothly and quickly.
>
> I encourage the board to actually announce who the board members are.
>
> Nominations closed on July 15th and the fact we didn't have an election
> on July 17th implies we didn't get enough nominations to need an
> election (confirmed on IRC). I don't see any reason that we wouldn't
> then announce the new board on July 17th, but even in the worst case the
> timeline stated results were to be announce yesterday (July 31st).

Hi Jonathan. You're correct in your analysis as we received exactly the
number of nominations as positions. I received the last confirmation of
acceptance yesterday so I will send out an announcement shortly.

Tim.