Upcoming SPI board elections for 2019

Lists: spi-announce
From: Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
To: spi-announce(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Upcoming SPI board elections for 2019
Date: 2019-06-30 20:00:36
Lists: spi-announce

Hi everyone. This is a heads up about the upcoming SPI board
elections. The primary purpose of this notice is to give some time to
people to think about running for a board position. We have three
seats available for a three year term:

* President
* General board member
* General board member

The formal nomination period will open on Monday, 1st July 2019 and
run for a bit over two weeks. Elections, if required, will then run
and results annouanced at the end of the month.

* Monday July 1st 2019 00:00 UTC - Nominations open
* Monday July 15th 2019 23:59 UTC - Nominations close
* Wednesday July 17th 2019 00:00 UTC - Voting commences
* Tuesday July 30th 2019 23:59 UTC - Voting closes
* Wednesday July 31st 2019 UTC - Results announced

Potential board members should be able to commit to attending the
monthly board meetings, which are conducted publicly via IRC (#spi on
the OFTC network). These take place at 20:00 UTC on the second
Monday of every month. More details, including all past agendas and
minutes, can be found at http://spi-inc.org/meetings/

The ideal candidate will have an existing involvement in the Free and
Open Source community, though this need not be with a project
affiliated with SPI.

Please do take the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about
SPI board membership on the spi-general mailing list before the formal
nomination period opens. You can also find various board members
present on #spi on irc.spi-inc.org (OFTC).

Tim Potter
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

From: Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org>
To: tpot(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: spi-announce(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: SPI board nominations extended (was Re: Upcoming SPI board elections for 2019)
Date: 2019-07-14 22:34:20
Lists: spi-announce

On 1 Jul 2019, at 06:00, Tim Potter <tpot(at)frungy(dot)org> wrote:
> Hi everyone. This is a heads up about the upcoming SPI board
> elections. The primary purpose of this notice is to give some time to
> people to think about running for a board position. We have three
> seats available for a three year term:
>
> * President
> * General board member
> * General board member

Dear SPI members. To address some confusion about the SPI board
nomination process please read the following notes.

* Please reply to secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org (GPG-signed mail preferred) to
nominate yourself for a board of directors position.

* Nominations are for membership of the SPI board of directors as per article
seven of the SPI bylaws. Election of officers (from the board of directors) are
held separately subject to article five of the bylaws. Election of officers are
secret ballots taken from the SPI contributing membership.

I apologise for the confusion caused by my initial message. Nominations will
be extended by an extra three days until the 18th of July 23:59 UTC.

Regards,

Tim.
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest