Business Continuity

Lists: spi-general
From: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: SPI General List <spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Subject: Business Continuity
Date: 2012-07-07 16:51:35
Lists: spi-general

Hi all. As mentioned a few months ago I'm looking at business
continuity planning.

I figured a good place to start was finance. So to kick this off a few
questions are below. Topics like this may have been touched on previously
but I'd like to establish the current state.

Questions:

(1) Who has signing rights on the bank accounts?

(2) Who has access to web banking at the moment?

(3) If the banks send paper statements, do we have scanned copies
available?

I'm going to be developing the BCP doc here:
http://www.spi-inc.org/drafts/bcp/

Cheers,

Rob

--
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org Linux counter ID #16440

From: Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: SPI General List <spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Business Continuity
Date: 2012-07-08 17:45:39
Lists: spi-general

Robert Brockway wrote:
> Hi all. As mentioned a few months ago I'm looking at business
> continuity planning.
>
> I figured a good place to start was finance. So to kick this off a
> few questions are below. Topics like this may have been touched on
> previously but I'd like to establish the current state.
>
> Questions:
>
> (1) Who has signing rights on the bank accounts?

Josh Berkus and I have signing rights on the Key accounts. Jimmy
Kaplowitz and I have signing rights on the Chase accounts.

> (2) Who has access to web banking at the moment?

Myself and Josh Berkus for Key, myself and Jimmy for Chase.

> (3) If the banks send paper statements, do we have scanned copies
> available?

All bank statements are available electronically.

--
----------------------------
Michael Schultheiss

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: SPI General List <spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2012-07-08 18:05:10
Lists: spi-general

Thanks Robert for starting this and Michael for following up.

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 01:45:39PM -0400, Michael Schultheiss wrote:
> > (1) Who has signing rights on the bank accounts?
>
> Josh Berkus and I have signing rights on the Key accounts. Jimmy
> Kaplowitz and I have signing rights on the Chase accounts.
>
> > (2) Who has access to web banking at the moment?
>
> Myself and Josh Berkus for Key, myself and Jimmy for Chase.

Might also be worth documenting who has what SPI debit/credit cards and
physical checks.

I have an SPI Visa debit card connected with the Chase account - I would be
fine putting the last 4 digits and expiration date in a non-public version of
the doc. It has ATM withdrawal ability but I'd need to reset the PIN before
doing that.

I don't believe I have any SPI checks in my possession.

Who has what access and authority to the Ameriprise and Debian-debit-card
accounts? (Signing rights, physical checks, web banking access,
paper/electronic statement access, card access, ATM access.)

Side note: I have some old receipts/invoices from past DebConfs in my
possession from when I was handling SPI or DebConf money matters. These have
all been recorded and tracked properly, it's not an issue of completeness. I'm
happy to send them to the treasurer or secretary if desired, destroy them if
desired, or defer the matter until I next think to mention it.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <leader(at)debian(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: auditor(at)debian(dot)org
Date: 2012-07-08 18:27:12
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 02:51:35AM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> (3) If the banks send paper statements, do we have scanned copies
> available?

On this very same note:

(4) if $other_entity send paper documents, do we have scanned copies
available?

It is my understanding that the long standing Debian request of getting
transaction records for the past years is blocked by the existence of
paper documents (e.g. receipts) that have not been scanned. As long as
those documents exist in only paper form, they contribute to the
creation of SPOFs.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli zack(at){upsilon(dot)cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} . o .
Maître de conférences ...... http://upsilon.cc/zack ...... . . o

From: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: SPI General List <spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2012-07-08 23:22:37
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012, Michael Schultheiss wrote:

Thanks Michael. That has made things much clearer.

>> Questions:
>>
>> (1) Who has signing rights on the bank accounts?
>
> Josh Berkus and I have signing rights on the Key accounts. Jimmy
> Kaplowitz and I have signing rights on the Chase accounts.
>
>> (2) Who has access to web banking at the moment?
>
> Myself and Josh Berkus for Key, myself and Jimmy for Chase.

Josh, could you verify that you can log in successfully to the Key
web banking?

Jimmy, could you verify that you can log in successfully to the Chase web
banking?

>> (3) If the banks send paper statements, do we have scanned copies
>> available?
>
> All bank statements are available electronically.

Do you mean that they are available through web banking or that we keep
electronic copies elsewhere?

Cheers,

Rob