Re: Efficient board meetings, revised

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
Cc: Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Efficient board meetings, revised
Date: 2004-10-25 11:04:17
Lists: spi-general

John Goerzen writes ("Re: Efficient board meetings, revised"):
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 11:26:11PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > `Being friendly' to someone doesn't mean keeping a dozen or two people
> > waiting for them to type their name. It means making them feel
>
> What are you talking about? I do not hold up a meeting waiting for
> guests to state their names. I have asked them to /msg their name to
> David. Making that request takes about 5 seconds. Then we move on.

Yes, that's fine, I'm not saying you did.

My point was that it was the Efficient Board Meetings resolution which
helped abolish the _previous_ practice of waiting for guests to type
their names. I was arguing that that practice shouldn't be restored.

There's no need for it to be in a formal resolution if it's going to
happen anyway.

Ian.