Re: GNUstep project support

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Adam Fedor <fedor(at)doc(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: GNUstep project support
Date: 2004-11-04 18:54:16
Lists: spi-general

Adam Fedor writes ("GNUstep project support"):
> We would like SPI to handle the acceptance and disbursement of
> donations. Disbursement of donations would be made at the request of
> the GNUstep maintainer (me) or possibly in the future, some GNUstep
> development committee.

Here's a resolution for the meeting:

Proposed Resolution 2004-11-04.iwj.1

WHEREAS

1. GNUstep is a substantial and significant Free Software project.

2. The GNUstep developers would like SPI to take donations for
purposes related to GNUstep.

THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT

3. GNUstep is formally invited to become an SPI Associated Project,
according to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects.

4. The GNUstep Maintainer, currently Adam Fedor, will be authorised
to represent and act for GNUstep, with respect to SPI, and to
nominate successors.

5. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, on 2005-01-03.

FURTHERMORE, WHEREAS

6. The current text of the Framework for Associated Projects is not
available on the SPI website Resolutions section, nor are the
minutes of the August 2004 board meeting at which the Framework
was amended.

7. The SPI Secretary is mandated to compile the text of the Framework
for Associated Projects, as amended. The SPI webmaster is
mandated to publish the Framework on an appropriate location on
the SPI website.

8. When this is done, the SPI Secretary is mandated to formally
notify the Board's invitation to Adam Fedor and the GNUstep
project, with reference to the Framework.

Ian.