Re: Apple and Open Source

From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Jules Bean <jmlb2(at)hermes(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, debian-private(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org, bruce(at)hams(dot)com, rms(at)gnu(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apple and Open Source
Date: 1999-03-17 14:10:32
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 07:58:26AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
[..]
> Apple wants to reap all the benefits from us, and not give us full
> discolure in return.
>
> Then again, I may be suffering from "big business" paranoia.

Isn't that supposed to be my job? (suffering from "big business"
paranoia that is) My take on it was a bit less sinister, but perhaps a
bit misguided. Seems they want a lot of the same things Netscape wanted
and we already decided those things were okay.

I believe that if we can get Eric to stop calling it Open Source when it
ain't even close, we have a chance to convince Apple to play nice.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd(at)debian(dot)org> Debian GNU/Linux developer
PGP: E8D68481E3A8BB77 8EE22996C9445FBE The Source Comes First!