Re: Apple and Open Source

From: Richard Stallman <rms(at)gnu(dot)org>
To: knghtbrd(at)debian(dot)org
Cc: jmlb2(at)hermes(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, debian-private(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org, bruce(at)hams(dot)com
Subject: Re: Apple and Open Source
Date: 1999-03-18 14:13:23
Lists: spi-general

I believe that if we can get Eric to stop calling it Open Source when it
ain't even close, we have a chance to convince Apple to play nice.

IS Eric calling it "open source"? Has the Open Source Initiative said
anything yet about this license? I would not expect them to endorse a
license which does not give permission to distribute modified
versions.

I have sent mail to fetch a copy of the license so I can see what it
says.