Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[2]

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[2]
Date: 1999-05-15 07:16:47
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 10:00:37AM -0400, Nils Lohner wrote:
> VOTING
> ------
>
> - The voting procedures should be similar to a company and its stockholders.
> - the system needs to relatively be fast and reactive, but needs checks and
These seem to contradict.. ;)

> balances to ensure the wishes of the membership are carried out by the board
> - non contributing members should not be able to vote
> - all votes (unless otherwise stated) are approved by a majority (>50%)
Majorit of what.. votes or voters? If it's the former, then 6 people could
decide something if only 10 vote when membership is over 100.. If it's the latter,
then what do we do if only 10 people vote?

> Resolutions
> - resolutions are voted on by the board of directors
> - Members and committes may put resolutions before the board of directors
> for voting
> - Members have the power to override the board of directors by a majority
> vote
Would "this" be the place to mention that

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *