Re: Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

From: Nick Phillips <nwp(at)nz(dot)lemon-computing(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors
Date: 2003-02-23 20:38:22
Lists: spi-announce spi-bylaws spi-general

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 07:28:29AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> for that. Are you sure it doesn't mess up condorcet in such a way that
> it deadlocks/gives no valid result/whatever?

No, hence the last sentence in my previous mail: "...if there is a way of
accounting for this in a satisfactory manner when it comes to working out
the outcome."

But if it is a valid preference to express, and the voting system isn't able
to account for it, then the voting system is inadequate. This may be due to
a desire to "always have a clear outcome", which is IMHO not to be preferred
over "allowing the voters to fully and clearly express their preferences."

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips -- nwp(at)lemon-computing(dot)com
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.