Re: GNUstep project support

From: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
To: David Graham - SPI Secretary <cdlu(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>, Adam Fedor <fedor(at)doc(dot)com>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-www(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: GNUstep project support
Date: 2004-11-04 19:30:04
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:09:40PM -0500, David Graham - SPI Secretary wrote:
> > 4. The GNUstep Maintainer, currently Adam Fedor, will be authorised
> > to represent and act for GNUstep, with respect to SPI, and to
> > nominate successors.
>
> Isn't this covered by the Advisor resolution, which makes the project
> responsible for assigning its own representative, and thus moot this
> point?
>
> Advisor resolution:
> http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-announce/2004/000092.html

I believe this (par. 4) is a statement of authority, not a statement of
Advisorship. It gives Adam the authority to speak on behalf of the
project to SPI. Think of it like a liaison thing. I expect that the
GNUstep project will nominate a person (possibly Adam) to be
Representative Advisor, and Adam will inform SPI of this fact. At that
point, Adam's status as liaison will be unnecessary.

My, that was a bit rambly. But I think I got my point across.

--
Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.