Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: MJ Ray <mjr(at)phonecoop(dot)coop>
Subject: Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status
Date: 2007-03-06 02:04:12
Lists: spi-general

MJ,

> SPI pledges to obey all OFTC decisions.  Please do the same for the
> debian project.

Frankly, I wouldn't vote to approve the OFTC wording the way it stands if
they were applying to join today. It's too vague. However, since OFTC
actually needs very little, if anything, from SPI on a month-to-month
basis, I'm not proposing to change it on the principle of
it-aint-broke-don't-fix-it.

A request to "respect all Debian constitutional decisions" is pretty
useless without a charter specifying how those decisions are going to be
delivered to the board and how the board is supposed to know that they are
legitimate. This is what I believe that Ian was trying to address.

Actually, on the it-aint-broke-don't-fix-it front, what decision or
question has AJ, or his predecessor, *not* relayed reliably to the Board?
There's an implication on this thread that AJ is not trustworthy, and I
have yet to see evidence of it.

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team
www.postgresql.org

(all opinions expressed are my own; I do not speak
for the Project unless specifically noted.)