Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

From: Anthony Towns <aj(at)azure(dot)humbug(dot)org(dot)au>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status
Date: 2007-03-06 01:27:12
Lists: spi-general

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:01:00AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> (Confusing statements by the current DPL about his authoritativity
> don't help, although he's also promised to relate faithfully any
> non-DPL decisions, so that isn't critical ATM.)

I consider them different hats:

- the DPL gets to make certain decisions on Debian's behalf as per
the constitution

- the Debian rep to SPI has to communicate all valid decisions from
Debian to the SPI board

- the Debian advisor to SPI should offer useful support and advice to
the board to help the organisation be as successful as possible

The first is a privilege, the second is a responsibility, the third is a
bit of both. (I don't think "authoritative decisionmaker" is an accurate
description of any of those roles)

Cheers,
aj