Re: Liability protection project - call for participants

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Liability protection project - call for participants
Date: 2007-05-16 18:57:13
Lists: spi-general

Josip,

> You're right about *opinions* as such, but we have a limited experience
> with the matter so far, and the only conclusion one can derive from that is
> that we're doing something right the way we are doing things now, because
> we're not having these problems.

Or just that you've been lucky so far. ;-)

Seriously, though, I'm not adovcating that Debian do a liability shield.
You'll notice that I'm not proposing one for PostgreSQL. I'm simply stating
that *if* the DDs want a liability shield, then the first step is to get some
experts who can actually tell you how much it will cost and what real
protection you'll get. A bunch of OS developers speculating on the ins and
outs of US liability law is pretty much a waste of time.

The thing I *am* advocating, and will continue to advocate as long as I'm
treasurer, is that Debian spend its accumulated funds on *something*.

--
Josh Berkus
Treasurer