Re: Charters, manifestos, and SPI's purpose, and forum-widening

From: MJ Ray <mjr(at)phonecoop(dot)coop>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Charters, manifestos, and SPI's purpose, and forum-widening
Date: 2007-05-18 19:46:48
Lists: spi-general

Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk> wrote: [...]
> SPI's charter lists all of the things that SPI is permitted to do.
> That doesn't mean that all of those things are primary objectives for
> SPI or that we intend to do all of them any time soon. [...]

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but I think that's confusing Purposes and
Powers. SPI's charter lists its Purposes, really its objectives
(maybe not primary, but still objectives). Its Powers are listed in
New York State laws, which aren't repeated in SPI's charter. This
might be a link to the relevant Article 2:
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=(at)SLNPC0A2+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=09576335+&TOKEN=49915119+&TARGET=VIEW

Please can we have a link on SPI's charter page to the NY NPC law?
That might be
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=(at)LLNPC+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=49915119+&TARGET=VIEW
but TOKEN in that link makes me think it might expire.

Anyway, let's have SPI start fulfilling its purpose more fully if it
has the opportunity and resources.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.