Re: Election results

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Election results
Date: 2007-08-08 06:28:34
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

All,

Personally, given the tendency of some members of the SPI membership towards
extreme uncompromising views and interminable argument, that the Concordet
method of selecting for the "most acceptable" instead of the "most preferred"
is a feature and not a bug.

I don't buy the "Debian-dominated" argument because despite DDs being 75% of
our membership we currently have 3 non-DDs on the board. It would also be
trivial for any sufficiently motivated and organized project to get behind
one candidate from their project to ensure them a place on the board. And
the Liaisons have significant non-voting influence if they choose to exercise
it.

Overall, I don't see the problem here.

--
Josh Berkus