Re: Election results

From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <antti-juhani(at)kaijanaho(dot)fi>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Election results
Date: 2007-08-08 03:58:35
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:01:25PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Sure. But given that we have apparently adapted Condorcet rules for
> multi-winners, my point was just that the whole point of Condorcet is
> to optimise for some other set of conditions than proportionality of
> preferences.

Obviously. However, I believe that this is *not* because the need for
proportionality has been rejected, but because the need for
proportionality has not been considered before.

As recently as last year, I personally was an advocate of the
iterate-Condorcet technique, not having thought its implications
through.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/