Re: FFmpeg as SPI associated project

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: Stefano Sabatini <stefasab(at)gmail(dot)com>, SPI General List <spi-general(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: FFmpeg as SPI associated project
Date: 2012-06-01 15:04:05
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:20:11PM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> While I don't object to your objection (really) I did want to point
> out that this phrase has been in use in resolutions for a long time
> so I was surprised to see the objection appear now.

I think very few SPI associated projects have the ultimate decisionmaking
authority in the hands of the rough consensus of a mailing list. Most have
something more formal than that, which might explain why it's an uncommon
issue. Or, yes, unthinking reuse of previous templates is another possible
explanation. :-)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org