common ground

From: Bruce Perens <bruce(at)perens(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, spi-private(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: common ground
Date: 2006-07-17 00:05:00
Lists: spi-general

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> As I said, I did not bring up BSD / GPL for a licensing discussion. It
> was simply a illustration to show fundamental differences in thinking
> about FOSS.
>
> Differences which you are clearly pronouncing for me, thank you :)
Oh come on, Joshua. That's clearly a rhetorical device. What I
demonstrated is that you didn't understand the BSD license, and I did
that to counter the claim of expertise that you used to support your
argument.

BSD folks and GPL proponents share a broad common ground, as do most
Free Software communities. We can rally them to some causes successfully.

Thanks

Bruce