Re: proposed SPI resolution

From: Giovanni Mascellani <gio(at)debian(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposed SPI resolution
Date: 2012-05-31 22:41:23
Lists: spi-general

Il 31/05/2012 14:43, Bill Allombert ha scritto:
> THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
>
> 1. the word liaison will be replaced by ligatio in all SPI documents.

I don't think that word is appropriate: "ligatio" is more the act of
binding, instead of the bound person. A much more better word is
probably "legatus", that actually means "ambassador" (although for a
slightly different reason: it would mean that the
legatus/liaison/whatever is bound to the project he's part of, not that
he serves as binding between the project and SPI).

BTW, I would oppose the use of a Latin word, because I really couldn't
stand with hearing it pronounced from English-speaking people (probably
I would write down that pronounciation as "leghedas", quite different
from "legatus"). :-)

Gio.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani(at)poisson(dot)phc(dot)unipi(dot)it>
Pisa, Italy

Web: http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani
Jabber: g(dot)mascellani(at)jabber(dot)org / giovanni(at)elabor(dot)homelinux(dot)org