Re: Meeting agenda robot

From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting agenda robot
Date: 2008-12-23 08:45:56
Lists: spi-general

> Here's a draft:
[...]

Not commenting much on the draft right now, just technical

> My implementation language of choice would be Perl (or perhaps Python)
> but I'm happy to use something else if that would make
> co-maintainership with th4e Secretary and others, or interoperability
> with the rest of the website, easier.

Perl, Python or Ruby should all be ok. No Java please.

> Do we already have an https server and user management system that I
> can piggyback on for the `board members' part ?

https is no problem, even if our main website currently doesn't have
it. We just put one up where we need it. User management - yes we do.
But I'm not sure one wants to use it. And not just have an own file that
basically goes like (yaml format here)

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
joerg:
email:
- joerg(at)debian(dot)org
- joerg(at)spi-inc(dot)org
- joerg(at)ganneff(dot)de
groups:
- board
- admin
- vp
jimmy:
email:
- jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org
groups:
- board
- secretary
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

As you, for your email reading, sure want to have the ability to detect/sort
based on sender address too, and for that you want multiple
email addresses. Or do you want to force people to always just use one?
And with the groups: you can give out access in various levels,
depending on what they are.

> If this meets people's rough approval I can write a set of quick hack
> code and set some test instance up on my own colo.

If this gets anything near stable code this should, of course, end up on
an SPI machine. Maybe even the test instance. Let see me during
Christmas holidays where we put that.

For the website, do not assume we stay with Plone much longer. Currently
you can assume we are switching to ikiwiki and have the storage in
git. So thats where you want to base your code on, but that should be a
few $VCS add/comit/push commands only.

--
bye, Joerg
> Or write yourself a DFSG-free replacement for that piece of software.
Using the copy and paste method from the old source, obscured by
irrelevant changes.