Reasons to join SPI...

From: Peter Makholm <peter(at)makholm(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Reasons to join SPI...
Date: 2001-10-25 21:44:24
Lists: spi-general

... or why I havn't applied for a membership. (yet?)

After Nils Lohner has written something about SPI membership on
debain-private I have looked at the SPI website to decide wether it
was interesting for me.

I don't think it's good for an organization if 75% af it's members
just applied for membership and then forgets all about SPI until the
membership should be renewed.

So I don't want to be a member of an organisation just because it's
free and I'm allowed to be a member. There should be a reason for me
to be a member. So what I need is 5 reasons to apply for membership of
SPI. Reasons that isn't fufilled by being Debian Developer and active
in the local LUG and on a national level (Denmark).

I agree that the purpose of SPI mentioned in the bylaws is important
but how do I work more efficient for these goals as a member of SPI?

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".