Re: [PROPOSAL] Open Source certification

From: Will Lowe <harpo(at)UDel(dot)Edu>
To: Anthony Towns <aj(at)azure(dot)humbug(dot)org(dot)au>
Cc: bruce(at)perens(dot)com, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Open Source certification
Date: 1999-04-10 05:02:34
Lists: spi-general

[multiple cc's removed]

> * OSI publically consult before granting any license OS status.

I agree. But how? At the moment there's considerable fragmentation among
the Free Software community. And asking for public consultation results
in utter chaos.

... the only way it worked the first time (Mozilla) was to ask a
few select people (Debian/Bruce, ESR, some others) to coordinate.

Will

| harpo(at)udel(dot)edu lowe(at)cis(dot)udel(dot)edu lowe(at)debian(dot)org |
| http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/ |
| PGP Public Key: http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey |