Re: Bitcoin

From: Robert Brockway <robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Mikko V(dot) Viinamäki <Mikko(dot)Viinamaki(at)students(dot)turkuamk(dot)fi>
Cc: "spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org" <spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bitcoin
Date: 2013-04-17 23:15:39
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013, Mikko V. Viinamäki wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Have you considered Bitcoin as a way of donating to you? I'm not saying
> it's necessarily something great but it certainly is something to
> consider as (especially international) donations are always a huge
> hassle.

Hi Mikko. In the past several members of the board have expressed
reservations about accepting bitcoin donations. There may be a discussion
in the -general or -private list archives, otherwise I'm sure people will
chime in with comments on this. FWIW, I'm somewhat ambivalent towards
bitcoin.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert(at)spi-inc(dot)org Linux counter ID #16440