SPI Board Meeting Announcement: Wednesday, December 17th, 2008

Lists: spi-announcespi-general
From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-announce(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: SPI Board Meeting Announcement: Wednesday, December 17th, 2008
Date: 2009-01-21 16:44:59
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
--------------------

Software in the Public Interest, Inc., will hold a public board of directors
meeting today, on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009, at 20:00 UTC. I apologize for
the extremely late notice, due to illness on my part.

SPI meetings are held on the OFTC IRC network, irc.oftc.net, in #spi.
The agenda for the meeting, subject to review and additions by the
Secretary, is now available at
http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary/agenda/2009/2009-01-21.html

At the time of writing, one resolution has been raised, an associated project
resolution for the HeliOS Initiative the text of which was sent to spi-private
several days ago; and three sets of overdue minutes from before my term as
Secretary are ready for approval, generously prepared by Martin Zobel-Helas.
Tentative regrets have been received from Bdale Garbee, and definite regrets
have been received from Michael Schultheiss. No president's report has been
received, and due to a family emergency neither has a treasurer's report. A
detailed secretary's report is in the agenda.

More information on SPI meetings can be found at
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/meetings
--
Jimmy Kaplowitz
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2009-01-21 22:39:10
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:44:59AM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> Software in the Public Interest, Inc., will hold a public board of directors
> meeting today, on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009, at 20:00 UTC. I apologize for
> the extremely late notice, due to illness on my part.

As you may have noticed, this announcement arrived after the meeting. I sent it
at roughly 16:45 UTC, as the above timestamp shows, much later than I would
have sent it if I were healthy but nevertheless before the meeting.
Unfortunately, Murphy's Law struck and SPI's mailing list server was down for
several hours today, preventing the timely dissemination of the announcement.
SPI server administrator and VP Joerg Jaspert assures me that he's working on a
long-term fix. Thanks to him for that, and I apologize for the lack of any
advance notice. Some old minutes were approved, and the February meeting was
moved sooner by one week (Feb 11 20:00 UTC), but all other actions were
deferred, including the vote on the resolution mentioned in the announcement.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz, SPI Secretary
secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org