Re: Issue #6 - Publish contributions to associated projects

Lists: spi-general
From: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue #6 - Publish contributions to associated projects
Date: 2018-01-18 17:54:47
Lists: spi-general

Does anyone know the plans or status on reporting of 2017 financial data?

Thanks,
Bryce

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2018-01-19 08:22:56
Lists: spi-general

* Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-01-18 09:54]:
> Does anyone know the plans or status on reporting of 2017 financial data?

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer right now, which is why I
haven't replied yet.

The status is that we're behind with monthly reports. The underlying
problem is that our day-to-day treasurer work (reimbursements, cashing
of checkes, etc) is not integrated with the recording/reporting of
transactions, so there's a gap. Long time we need to get better at
bridging that gap.

Maybe Michael Schultheiss or Martin Zobel-Helas can comment directly.
(We'll have a board meeting on February 12 where we will discuss this
topic unless there has been progress in the meantime.)

FWIW, last year the treasurer report came out in July but we
definitely have to do better.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2018-03-13 23:00:50
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 03:22:56PM +0700, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-01-18 09:54]:
> > Does anyone know the plans or status on reporting of 2017 financial data?
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a good answer right now, which is why I
> haven't replied yet.

Hi Martin,

Do you have any updates regarding the 2017 financial data? (I'm also
missing about 1/2 of 2016 for X.org's records.)

I'm adding X.org's official SPI liaison, Daniel Vetter, to the CC. In
addition to the report, he needs to have formal verification that the
donations from a number of recent XDC event sponsors has been received,
which we believe should total to $25k. X.org needs to begin planning
work for their next technical conference, and so needs confirmation that
the expected funding is available in our account.

Thanks,
Bryce

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2018-03-15 12:51:00
Lists: spi-general

* Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-03-13 16:00]:
> Do you have any updates regarding the 2017 financial data? (I'm also

The plan is to have something in place by the next board meeting on
April 9.

>From the March board meeting:

[16:16:24] <tbm> Is the end of March realistic?
[16:16:25] <zobel> i still need PDF data for the debian data, i mailed bgupta.
[16:16:39] <schultmc> end of march is realistic for EOY 2017 data
[16:16:42] <schultmc> we're close on that

http://spi-inc.org/meetings/logs/2018/2018-03-12-log.txt

> missing about 1/2 of 2016 for X.org's records.)

2016 was published. What are you missing there?

> I'm adding X.org's official SPI liaison, Daniel Vetter, to the CC. In
> addition to the report, he needs to have formal verification that the
> donations from a number of recent XDC event sponsors has been received,
> which we believe should total to $25k. X.org needs to begin planning
> work for their next technical conference, and so needs confirmation that
> the expected funding is available in our account.

Martin Zobel-Helas or Michael Schultheiss should be able to answer
this one.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2018-03-15 17:04:23
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 01:51:00PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-03-13 16:00]:
> > Do you have any updates regarding the 2017 financial data? (I'm also
>
> The plan is to have something in place by the next board meeting on
> April 9.
>
> >From the March board meeting:
>
> [16:16:24] <tbm> Is the end of March realistic?
> [16:16:25] <zobel> i still need PDF data for the debian data, i mailed bgupta.
> [16:16:39] <schultmc> end of march is realistic for EOY 2017 data
> [16:16:42] <schultmc> we're close on that
>
> http://spi-inc.org/meetings/logs/2018/2018-03-12-log.txt
>
> > missing about 1/2 of 2016 for X.org's records.)
>
> 2016 was published. What are you missing there?

The last one I received was "Monthly report 2017/07/01 - 2017/08/01"
so I'm missing August to December '16. Are they placed online somewhere?

Bryce

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2018-03-15 17:09:28
Lists: spi-general

* Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-03-15 10:04]:
> The last one I received was "Monthly report 2017/07/01 - 2017/08/01"

This is 201_7_. We know that 2017 is incomplete.

> so I'm missing August to December '16. Are they placed online somewhere?

You're saying 201_6_ is missing.

2016 is complete: http://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

From: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>, Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Date: 2018-03-15 17:17:45
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 06:09:28PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-03-15 10:04]:
> > The last one I received was "Monthly report 2017/07/01 - 2017/08/01"
>
> This is 201_7_. We know that 2017 is incomplete.
>
> > so I'm missing August to December '16. Are they placed online somewhere?
>
> You're saying 201_6_ is missing.
>
> 2016 is complete: http://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/

Ah thanks yes you're right.

From: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>
To: Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2018-04-26 20:55:01
Lists: spi-general

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:00 AM, Bryce Harrington
<bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 03:22:56PM +0700, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Bryce Harrington <bryce(at)osg(dot)samsung(dot)com> [2018-01-18 09:54]:
>> > Does anyone know the plans or status on reporting of 2017 financial data?
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't have a good answer right now, which is why I
>> haven't replied yet.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Do you have any updates regarding the 2017 financial data? (I'm also
> missing about 1/2 of 2016 for X.org's records.)
>
> I'm adding X.org's official SPI liaison, Daniel Vetter, to the CC. In
> addition to the report, he needs to have formal verification that the
> donations from a number of recent XDC event sponsors has been received,
> which we believe should total to $25k. X.org needs to begin planning
> work for their next technical conference, and so needs confirmation that
> the expected funding is available in our account.

Following up on this: Is there any way we can get full details for all
the sponsors? The lump sum each month isn't really useful for figuring
out who paid and who didn't (since we have 5 sponsors with the exact
same amount this year). So even if we do have the reports up to today
we can't do this.

Thanks, Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2018-04-26 20:59:52
Lists: spi-general

* Daniel Vetter <daniel(dot)vetter(at)ffwll(dot)ch> [2018-04-26 22:55]:
> Following up on this: Is there any way we can get full details for
> all the sponsors? The lump sum each month isn't really useful for
> figuring out who paid and who didn't (since we have 5 sponsors with
> the exact same amount this year). So even if we do have the reports
> up to today we can't do this.

Yes, please open a ticket via treasurer(at)rt(dot)spi-inc(dot)org and we can
provide that information. I don't believe there's an outstanding
ticket on this.

(We still plan to make the individual transactions available to
projects but this hasn't happened yet.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/